24hour solo row for MS Guernsey11/08/2020
Ben has given us 5 amazing facts about 24 hour rows
1. The current world record was set aboard a Type 42 destroyer of the Royal Navy HMS Coventry on 17-18 November 2001.
2. The record for the furthest distance rowed on an indoor Concept II rower in 24 hours is 307,683 m (191.18 miles) by David Harris (UK).
3. A 90 kg (200 lbs) man will burn more than 16,500 calories that’s equivalent to nearly 2kg of butter!
4. The world record for tandem rowing was broken in Guernsey by Simon Johns and Sam De Kooker in 2008.
5. No human has ever rowed 200 miles in 24 hours, some say it is impossible but others dream of doing so.